The Mercer Island Food Pantry is found at Luther Burbank Administration Building in Luther Burbank Park. The Food Pantry is used by hundreds of low-income Mercer Island families throughout the year. The Food Pantry depends on the contributions of local organizations, churches, families and service clubs to replenish the pantry.
We welcome non-perishable donations at these locations:
- The MIYFS office in Luther Burbank Park
- Banner Bank on 78th Ave SE
- Mercer Island Community & Event Center at 8236 SE 24th
- Orthodontic Associates of Mercer Island at 2817 – 70th Ave SE
- yogabliss at 7803 SE 27th St., #174
- Mercer Island Athletic Club at 77 Central Building, Suite 118
- Mercer Island Thrift Shop at 7710 SE 34th Street
Non-perishable food donations are tax deductible. Please ask for a receipt when dropping off donations at our office in the Luther Burbank Building. Examples of food most needed are cereal, soups, tuna, peanut butter and jelly, pasta and sauces, school lunch snacks and canned fruit. Please donate responsibly and check the expiration dates.
Ways to help:
- Drop off non-perishable food to any of our collection locations.
- Become a “Friend of the MIYFS Food Bank” – Sign up to be “on call” when the Food Bank is low on items.
- Hold a Food Drive – Have your party guests, sports team or organization bring food to an event for the MIYFS Food Bank.